Re: Enough already

Hi Terry, Martynas,

I have to agree with you both, I see Terry's point that the looks of the
group ( of which I'm a member as well ) is not really flattering.

To my surprise in a recent W3C related conference at least half of the
presentations mentioned SHACL / Shapes as a technology they use.
There is a need, there is a drive, we thought we were alone when in our
products we started relying more and more on SHACL as well ( even though
its not a formal standard ).

I have given up reading the list, as a SME and Full paying W3C member it
is not worth my precious time to keep up.
Further more starting a user centric discussion is totally useless if you
are not member of the core team, we have tried.

So as much as I agree that a W3C standard should not leave room for
interpretation by the reader, having none at all, which is what it
unfortunately looks like won't benefit anyone.

That leaves the open question, where to go from here?

From what I see in Terry's email, they are using SHACL,

Would it help if we survey a panel of current implementers about
- which parts of SHACL they use
- what is unclear
- where they see room for improvements?
- what works and should be standardized ?

To determine what parts are best suited for the time and effort we can
still put in there

I don't like the outlook of ending up with nothing.

Met Vriendelijke Groet / With Kind Regards
Bart van Leeuwen

twitter: @semanticfire
tel. +31(0)6-53182997
Netage B.V.