Re: Undeclared prefix in @datatype -- what happens?

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:09:42 +0100
Cc: Damian Steer <pldms@mac.com>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
On 27 Aug 2009, at 16:43, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> Of course I could just read the spec, but I imagine that some kind
> soul on this list who is already familiar with the spec can find
> out the answer much faster than me ...

The spec doesn't specify this. If there were a definitive answer, it
would be step #9 in the processing sequence.

My vote, if this were to be written up as an errata, would be to
specify that if @datatype is non-empty but does not contain a valid
CURIE, to treat it as datatype="" - i.e. the value of the attribute
is ignored but the presence of the attribute is not ignored. This
would be consistent with non-CURIE rel, rev, typeof, etc.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>