Re: Undeclared prefix in @datatype -- what happens?

On 27 Aug 2009, at 19:09, Toby Inkster wrote:
> The spec doesn't specify this. If there were a definitive answer, it
> would be step #9 in the processing sequence.

Ok. Thanks Toby. Not the answer I was hoping for, but anyway ...

> My vote, if this were to be written up as an errata, would be to
> specify that if @datatype is non-empty but does not contain a valid
> CURIE,

(Well, it's a syntactically valid CURIE, it just uses an undeclared
prefix.)

> to treat it as datatype="" - i.e. the value of the attribute is
> ignored but the presence of the attribute is not ignored. This would
> be consistent with non-CURIE rel, rev, typeof, etc.

Sounds reasonable to me.

 From practical experience it seems to me that missing namespace
prefixes are one of the most common authoring errors -- so it would be
good if different parsers did the same thing in that case.

Thanks again,
Richard