Re: Minutes for July 30th, 2009 RDFa Telecon

From: Martin McEvoy <martin@weborganics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 19:08:56 +0100
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
CC: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Philip Taylor <pjt47@cam.ac.uk>, RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Hello Shane

Shane McCarron wrote:
> Martin,
>
> I appreciate what you are trying to accomplish here, but I sincerely
> feel that data- is the wrong way to go about it.  If using a colon in
> an attribute name is a bad idea, there are lots of proposals on the
> table with widespread support in the RDFa community for solving
> this.   @prefix, @token, @vocab - all of these would solve the problem
> AND be validatable in an XML DTD-based validation scheme should we
> want to update XHTML 1.1 + RDFa.  data- or whatever cannot be.

Point taken, I got a little distracted by the data- prefix question
which is of course a different matter entirely than RDFa in HTML5, Its
good to explore every avenue available  I think. I just wanted to push
the discussion on a little :)

I am satisfied now that data- may not be the appropriate approach.

Best wishes

--
Martin McEvoy
http://weborganics.co.uk/