Re: Minutes for July 30th, 2009 RDFa Telecon

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 12:48:21 -0500
To: martin@weborganics.co.uk
CC: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Philip Taylor <pjt47@cam.ac.uk>, RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Martin,

I appreciate what you are trying to accomplish here, but I sincerely
feel that data- is the wrong way to go about it.  If using a colon in an
attribute name is a bad idea, there are lots of proposals on the table
with widespread support in the RDFa community for solving this.
@prefix, @token, @vocab - all of these would solve the problem AND be
validatable in an XML DTD-based validation scheme should we want to
update XHTML 1.1 + RDFa.  data- or whatever cannot be.