Re: 2 RDFa SPARQL Test Harness Issues

Heya Manu,
thx for the info.

On 17.05.2008 14:53:29, Manu Sporny wrote:
>We currently have two test cases that use UTF-8 characters (TC#60 and
>TC#108). The SPARQL.org and ARC SPARQL engines both die processing
>queries containing multi-byte UTF-8 characters:
UTF-8 queries *should* work fine, ARC just re-uses the capabilities
of it's runtime container (PHP and/or MySQL, depending on the activated
components). I can't get TC60 to display properly on my machine (all I
get are the 4 ?s), but the characters are stored as multi-byte string
and the query is run against an UTF-8 literal, too (and passes here).

TC108 renders fine here, but the query fails. This could be due to
the linebreaks in the HTML not being considered equal to the "\n" in the
query, though. ARC also (deliberately, for practical reasons) auto-trims
outer whitespace in literals, i.e. RDFa tests for leading or trailing
WS will always fail in ARC.

My general suggestion would be to separate whitespace tests from pure
UTF-8 tests. This could simplify debugging and also the creation of
feature comparisons for the different RDFa implementations.

Best,
Benji