Re: librdfa tri-licensed to be compatible with Redland/Raptor

From: Dave Beckett <dajobe@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 22:05:15 +0100
To: "Shane McCarron" <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@danbri.org>, "Manu Sporny" <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com> wrote:
> Just to be pedantic and hammer this one more time - please please please
> remember that XHTML+RDFa does not permit the use if xml:base.  XHTML
> Modularization
>  does not include xml:base, so neither does any language that uses it.

I was quoting Manu's code:
    // TODO: 2.1 The [current element] is parsed for xml:base and [base] is set
    // to this value if it exists. -- manu (not in the processing rules
    // yet)

However this may have changed in some later spec as I couldn't seen any
relevant section 2.1 in

I suggest
1) you should update your spec to be clearer about this

Appendix A - informative, and thus totally ignorable - says:
If a language includes @xml:base [XMLBASE], an RDFa parser for that
host language must process it, and use its value to set [base].

2) Add a BAD test case using xml:base in your XHTML+... profile and
make it a requirement
to reject it or not return a response.

If this was something you want to be pendantic about, add a machine test.