Re: Exact wording for non-prefixed CURIEs in @rel/@rev

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:55:45 -0600
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com>
CC: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> (And there is an annoying aspect of XHTML and HTML which is that
> 'alternate' is a modifer; in my parser I simply concatenate things
> like 'alternate' and 'stylesheet' before turning them into CURIEs, so
> that I get just one value, but someone may have a better proposal.)

rdfa-xhtml, which contains the Metainformation Attributes Module
definition for XHTML+RDFa, does not permit the "alternate" modifier
convention from HTML4.  I appreciate that you might want to deal with it
in a generic implementation that worked on non-XHTML+RDFa documents -
but in our documents rel="alternate stylesheet" wouldn't have special
meaning.  It would have the meanings "alternate" and "stylesheet".