RDFa hCard Experiment

From: Ian Davis <iand@internetalchemy.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:31:42 +0000
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

As an experiment, I took the hCard listed here:

and made it into a well-formed XHTML document:

and copied the original vcard:

and hand-converted to the new vcard vocab:

Then I attempted to modify the hCard document to overlay/include RDFa,
the results of which are here:

Outcome: I was pleasantly surprised at how few changes I needed to make.
I had to do some fiddling with about attributes on the URL and name
parts because of the original HTML structure. I think it should work but
I'd appreciate it if others could take a look. Also I'm not very sure
about the way organisation is expressed, using class, rel and property
on the same element.

Lots of positives. A few negatives still though. I'm unhappy with CURIEs
in general, the layering of namespace declarations and the XMLLiteral
default. I'll address those separately, this message is really about the
markup changes needed and the compatibility with existing metadata
embedding strategies.

Blogging at... http://iandavis.com/blog
Working on... http://directory.talis.com/