Re: [RDFa] rdf:XMLLiteral (was RE: Missing issue on the list: identification of RDFa content)

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 07:42:29 -0700
To: "Ian Davis" <iand@internetalchemy.org>
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Hi Ian,

> I have a question which I couldn't find an answer to in my reading of
> the syntax doc[2]. How would the following triple be encoded in RDFa
> (given usual namespace prefix mappings):
>
> <http://example.com/doc> dc:title "RDF or Bust" .
>
> The natural place for this to fit would be on the <title> element of the
> HTML document, or possible on an <h1>.

In XHTML 2 we say that there is an 'automatic' mapping between the
title element and dc:title, but this has not been transposed to RDFa,
as yet. The interesting thing here is that we want RDFa to be
'generic', i.e., supporting any XML langauge. But at the same time we
do need some HTML-specific rules, such as mapping non-prefixed
@rel/@rev values, and so on.

At the moment the proposal is to use a pre-processing step, and some
of the required functionality is captured in hGRDDL. This may be the
place to put a mapping between xh:title and dc:title.

Regards,

Mark

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer