Re: [RDFa] rdf:XMLLiteral (was RE: Missing issue on the list: identification of RDFa content)

From: Ian Davis <iand@internetalchemy.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:23:21 +0000
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Hi all,

I'm taking another look at RDFa to see how it and eRDF can be better
friends :)

I'm looking specifically at the default of XMLLiteral. I've read Mark's
clear explanation of the thinking behind it[1] and understand the
arguments. My preference, from a usability and "principle of least
surprise" point of view is for the default to be plain literals.
However, I'm still working through the various pros/cons.

I have a question which I couldn't find an answer to in my reading of
the syntax doc[2]. How would the following triple be encoded in RDFa
(given usual namespace prefix mappings):

<http://example.com/doc> dc:title "RDF or Bust" .

The natural place for this to fit would be on the <title> element of the
HTML document, or possible on an <h1>.

Ian
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Feb/0003
[2] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/syntax/