Re: RDFa hCard Experiment

Ian Davis wrote:

> Then I attempted to modify the hCard document to overlay/include RDFa,
> the results of which are here:
>
> http://iandavis.com/2007/rdf-in-xhtml/sample-hcard-and-rdfa.html
>
> Outcome: I was pleasantly surprised at how few changes I needed to make.

[...]

> Lots of positives. A few negatives still though. I'm unhappy with CURIEs
> in general, the layering of namespace declarations and the XMLLiteral
> default.

Ian,

Thanks for taking the time to go through this! It's a bit unfortunate
that the HTML is laid out in this slightly non-logical way, because a
more straight-forward layout wouldn't have to use CURIEs, only the
striping with RELs.

Your markup reveals at least one bug in the RDFa Javascript
implementation, regarding nodes where there's a REL and an ABOUT (it's
making a non-sensical statement with the same subject and object.) I'll
have to fix that.

Glad to hear that you like the new striping feature! We do think it's a
nice addition that makes CURIEs important only in edge cases, like the
HTML layout you point out.

-Ben