Re: Interesting experience: my foaf in RDFa

From: Simone Onofri <simone.onofri@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:09:51 +0200
To: "Knud Hinnerk Möller" <knud.moeller@deri.org>
Cc: "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>, "W3C RDFa task force" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Simone:
> Simple authoring of  RDFa can be a problem.

Knud:
> Let me take this opportunity to tell you about "Shift" [1], which is a
> little desktop tool to generate RDFa automatically from desktop-based data
> sources (your addressbook to generate foaf, your calendar to generate ical,
> ...). It's still wobbly and unstable, and I have less time to work on it
> than I would like. However, it's there and you can test it, if you like. At
> the moment, it is Mac-only, but a KDE version is in the pipeline.

Simone:
Knud,

Thanks for link, I've just installed on my Mac (the swap from win to
mac one of my best moves of  2007) and I've loaded some stuff on iCal
and test it! Great!

So for authoring I'm talking about use of typical tools used by web
authors, likes WYSIWYG and integration with (X)HTML tools.

Cheers,

Simone