Re: Interesting experience: my foaf in RDFa

From: Knud Hinnerk Möller <knud.moeller@deri.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:28:51 +0100
To: Simone Onofri <simone.onofri@gmail.com>
Cc: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, W3C RDFa task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Hi,

Am 31.08.2007 um 11:58 schrieb Simone Onofri:

> Ivan,
>
> On 8/24/07, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>> - It is an authoring challenge (this is not unlike microformats). Of
>> course, editing the file in a screen editor is possible but makes
>> it a
>> bit difficult to follow and is error prone.
>
> Simple authoring of  RDFa can be a problem.

Let me take this opportunity to tell you about "Shift" [1], which is
a little desktop tool to generate RDFa automatically from desktop-
based data sources (your addressbook to generate foaf, your calendar
to generate ical, ...). It's still wobbly and unstable, and I have
less time to work on it than I would like. However, it's there and
you can test it, if you like. At the moment, it is Mac-only, but a
KDE version is in the pipeline.

Cheers,
Knud

[1] http://kantenwerk.org/shift

[2] http://smile.deri.ie/blog/index.php/2007/08/08/shift-for-kde/

Knud Möller, MA
+353 - 91 - 495086
Smile Group: http://smile.deri.ie

Digital Enterprise Research Institute
   National University of Ireland, Galway
Institiúid Taighde na Fiontraíochta Digití
   Ollscoil na hÉireann, Gaillimh