Re: Interesting experience: my foaf in RDFa

Dan Brickley wrote:

>> However, one thing _really_ bugs me: Our nice (X)HTML+RDFa documents are
>> ignored by 'Semantic Web search engines' as ptsw [2] or sindice [3].
>> People, move on!
>
> Can I put in a vote for W3C to spend some effort on updating the RDF
> Validator (http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator)? I reckon that, alongside
> the syntax checker at validator.w3.org, will go a long way to pushing
> these developments out into wider usage.

I am not sure what the current state of the problems are. My foaf.html
file validates!

> The next thing I try in RDFa will probably be expressing (a subset?) of
> the FOAF schema in the FOAF spec. Not really sure what that should look
> like, but ... would be nice for that doc to have a "valid html" icon in it!

See above

>>> Do not crucify me: maybe we should have (as some sort of a very edge
>>> case advanced feature) some sort of an import mechanism. Something like
>>>
>>> <link rel="rdfa-import" href="...."/>
>>
>> As I see the benefit and the use I do support your proposal, though
>> the concrete solution you propose seems a bit awkward to me. Mark? Any
>> thoughts?
>
> Isn't this re-inventing iframes? How should an RDFa parser pointed at
> dan.html deal with an iframe that includes photos.html ?

Hm. I did not think of anything that complicated. The only thing I had
in mind is to point at an existing RDF/XML file that would be parsed and
merged with the resulting graph. That important file would have no
bearing on the HTML content at all (that is why I thought of using a
simple <link> mechanism). Even if we do something here, I would try to
keep the complexity to the bare minimum here...

Ivan