RE: How to handle a Test Suite at W3C Re: Error in (approved) test 0009

From: <david_marston@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 14:49:43 -0400
To: www-qa@w3.org, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
>>I suggest that you look at the test review procedure...

>Very helpful, indeed. Any more pointers to resolve 'reopen' issues?

Well, I wrote something [1] for QAWG which discusses post-review
complaints about test cases, with analogies to errata.

The set of states that a single test case can occupy has been the
subject of much discussion over the years. If your procedure keeps
all submissions, you may need more states (e.g., remanded for fix,
rejected, etc.) to account for tests that are not to be used but also
not "active" in the review workflow. I consider this desirable, if it
stops test case authors from wasting their time writing cases that
someone else already wrote.
.................David Marston

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2005Jan/att-0026/00-part