Re: GRDDL Implementations: garner.py and demo CGI

From: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:44:45 +0200
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean+rixt@infomesh.net>
Cc: connolly@w3.org, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Dan, Sean,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't had time to pore over the source:
Both glean.py and garner.py discover and apply a series of XSLTs to the
source XHTML, reading the resultant RDF/XML into a triplestore/model.
The merged model is then serialised out as RDF/XML.

Can't the same result be achieved without the Redland/Pyrple dependency?
Isn't a purely syntactical merge possible - just top & tail ('deroot')
the individual RDF/XML results, then glue them back into a common root.
I would guess XSLT could do this whilst retaining all the required
namespace declarations.

Feasible?

Cheers,
Danny.