GRDDL Implementations: garner.py and demo CGI

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean+rixt@infomesh.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 15:50:22 -0400 (EDT)
To: connolly@w3.org
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

<sbp> consider glean.py testing and pyrple porting on my weekend todo
list. I've been rather productive these past few days
<DanC> [...] I look forward to your feedback next week, sbp
- http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/chatlogs/rdfig/2004-06-04

I didn't manage to test glean.py yet (still planning to do so), but I
did manage to port it to pyrple, and make a few changes to the script
along the way:

http://inamidst.com/grddl/garner.py
- A GRDDL client implementation using Pyrple
(Date: 5th of June, 2004; License: W3C Software License)

Requires xsltproc and pyrple [1]. Note how much nicer optparse is
compared to getopt! There are some other more subtle differences too.

I also set up a webservice that uses the script above:

http://inamidst.com/grddl/demo
- GRDDL Demonstration (using Pyrple and garner.py)
Source: http://inamidst.com/inside/grddl/demo

Append "&format=ntriples" to the results for N-Triples output. I ought
to run a graph isomorphism test/rdfdiff program on my ./demo output and
the W3C's grddl-demo output.

Cheers,

[1] http://infomesh.net/pyrple/ Quick installation:
$ wget http://infomesh.net/pyrple/pyrple-2004-06-06.tar.gz
$ tar -zxvf pyrple-2004-06-06.tar.gz
$ su -c mv pyrple-2004-06-06 /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pyrple

--
Sean B. Palmer, inamidst.com