Re: [TF-LIB] first text for new library built-in functions

From: Lee Feigenbaum <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 12:17:15 -0400
To: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com>
CC: SPARQL Working Group WG <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
On 6/3/2010 8:47 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> I've added some text for the new SPARQL 1.1 library functions:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#func-coalesce
>
> The text is not finished; for example, the functions aren't yet in the
> functions/operator table, and the details need to be checked.
>
> The styling of all the functions seems to not working as it did for the
> SPARQL 1.0 doc.
>
> COALESCE, IF, IN, NOT IN, IRI, URI, BNODE, STRDT, STRLANG
>
> Any I have forgotten or any new ones that people wish to propose?

I thought we had discussed explicitly importing more XPath F&O
functions, right? Things like string concatenation and some math
operations?

I'm wary of polluting the language with too many unnecessary keywords,
but it would be good to make clear that implementations ought to share
URIs for these common functions.

Lee