Re: Discovering service descriptions

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@sti2.at>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:26:10 +0200
To: Gregory Williams <greg@evilfunhouse.com>
Cc: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>, SPARQL Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Hi Greg,

there is no reason that the content returned by OPTIONS should not also
be accessible by GET elsewhere; the HTTP header Content-Location would
help here. In this way, OPTIONS on the service endpoint would be a clear
machine-oriented way of discovering service descriptions; for
human-oriented ways, a link from the endpoint's documentation or query
form (with conneg for HTML) or whatever should be good.

What do you think?
Jacek