Re: Discovering service descriptions

On Aug 11, 2009, at 2:01 AM, Steve Harris wrote:

> On 11 Aug 2009, at 06:03, Gregory Williams wrote:
>
>> I'm still worried about HTTP OPTIONS not having a lot of support in
>> some client libraries. It also (I believe) make it difficult to get
>> at a service description with a web browser for visual inspection.
>> Do any browsers provide a way to make OPTIONS requests (I know curl
>> allows this)?
>
> Certainly Firefox and Safari do. I don't have any others to test on,
> but a quick google suggests that IE and Chrome support it too. See http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/

Hmmm... I was hoping for something that didn't involve javascript
(hence "visual inspection"). I'd like to be able to glance over what's
in a service description without having to resort to programming. I
suppose the conneg option might help here, but in general I suspect
conneg for html would return just a query form, not an html-formatted
version of the service description.

.greg