Re: perhaps now is the time to address issues#accessingCollections? [Fwd: Re: an extension to SPARQL]

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 09:58:47 +0000
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

To add to the picture for accessing collections:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/BuiltInProperties/

gives examples using a different approach specifically to accessing
collections using properties with specific meanings.

SELECT ?x ?member
{ ?x :p ?list .
   ?list list:member ?member .
}

list:member matches over the members of list ?list.

Implementation experience:
http://jena.sourceforge.net/ARQ/extension.html#propertyFunctions

and also that users expect the members of a collection to come back in the
order they are in the collection.

	Andy