Re: Open world value tests

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:33:02 +0100
To: "Seaborne, Andy" <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Cc: 'RDF Data Access Working Group' <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

>   mfx:xsd-date-eq-xsd-dateTime — allow dates to be compared with
>   dateTimes (not in XPath http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/#mapping).

After yesterday's meeting, AndyS indicated that xsd:date and
xsd:dateTime are comparable in F&O, in which case, my operator
mapping for this is wrong. Andy, could you help me find this?

> The attached algae-results.txt show what I got when I disabled all the
> extensions. The '+'s in the error results of open-eq-12 concearn me as
> that means that my implementation running in unextended mode got
> answered that did not show up in the extended version. Someone needs
> to look closely at this; me if noone else gets to it sooner. I won't
> be back until just before the meeting on Tuesday.

After I sent this, I thought about this and reallized it was because
open-eq-12 uses NAF. That it, it uses !bound to test for the lack of
triples.

Hmm, worth writing down in a result set that NAF was detected?
--
-eric

home-office: +1.617.395.1213 (usually 900-2300 CET)
	    +33.1.45.35.62.14
cell:       +33.6.73.84.87.26

(eric@w3.org)
email address distribution.