test suite maintenance (was: Re: blank nodes in predicate position)

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 10:57 +0000, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Jeen Broekstra wrote:
> >
> > We're currently testing our new SPARQL parser/engine and ran into an
> > issue with the DAWG syntax test cases.
> >
> > According to
> > http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/SyntaxFull/manifest.ttl , specifically DAWG-approved tests syntax-bnodes-03.rq and syntax-bnodes-04.rq, it is legal syntax to have blank node labels in the predicate position. (either [] or _:a).
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data/SyntaxDev/
>
> is the working copy based on the current grammar. (Dev, not Full)
>
> Full is (or rather "was") the version of the first full version of the syntax
> that the WG approved.

Ah ok. I've switched to using SyntaxDev.

I see you are using an idea we had earlier of creating a 'super
manifest' that can include multiple other manifests. Currently the super
manifest uses a jena-specific namespace, however. To make it more
generic (and also a bit easier to use for us) I would like to make the
following changes:

 - the 'include' property and the 'TestSyntax' class are added to
   the DAWG test case vocabulary; the jena-specific namespace can
   then be removed.
 - the range of the 'include' property is redefined as a single
   Manifest URL (in your current version it's a collection which is
   harder to process, for me at least), so the super-manifest will
   contain a 'include' property for each manifest.

If nobody objects I will implement and check in these changes.

Jeen
--
Aduna - Guided Exploration
www.aduna-software.com