W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > July to September 2004

RE: Minutes of RDF DAWG telecon 2004-07-20 for review

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:52:31 +0100
Message-ID: <E864E95CB35C1C46B72FEA0626A2E80803984A83@0-mail-br1.hpl.hp.com>
To: Rob Shearer <Rob.Shearer@networkinference.com>, public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

Minor corrections:

> Tom Adams agreed to take one of Simon's action items, seeing as Simon
> has a lot to do.
> 
> ACTION: Tom Adams: reply to Chris Wilper's comments on the
> public-rdf-dawg-comments list

Clarifying: The original item was:
[[
ACTION: SimonR draft a reply to Chris Wilper and send draft to WG
mailing list.
]]
The action is to send a draft to the WG, not reply to the comments list.

> ACTION Jos: discuss test suite documentation and maintenance with
> SteveH, EricP, AndyS, ...

Eric, Steve and I will be on IRC 14:30 UTC today (21/July) (15:30 UK, 10:30
Boston)

> Steve, Eric, and Dan agreed to coordinate to get Steve Harris CVS write
> access in order for him to maintain the tests. Eric pointed out that
> several tests are kept in the N3QL document, and that it would be good
> to integrate them with Steve Harris's tests.

s/N3QL/BRQL/

	Andy

-------- Original Message --------
> From: Rob Shearer <>
> Date: 20 July 2004 20:33
> 
> Minutes of RDF DAWG telecon 2004-07-20 for review
> 
> Agenda:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0114.html
> 
> IRC: http://www.w3.org/2004/07/20-dawg-irc#T16-50-52-1 (includes
> after-meeting discussion of strawman spec and the wording of the
> disjunction requirement)
> 
> 1. Convene, take roll, review record, agenda
> 
> Attendees: Eric Prud'Hommeaux, Yoshio Fukushige, Steve Harris, Kendall
> Clark, Andy Seaborne, Dave Beckett, Rob Shearer, Simon Raboczi, Dan
> Connolly, Tom Adams
> 
> Regrets: Howard Katz
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0134.html
>          Alberto Reggiori
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0115.html
>          Enrico Franconi
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0116.html
>          Jim Hendler
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0121.html
>          Jos De Roo
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0133.html
>          Bryan Thompson
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0135.html
>          Hiroyuki Sato
> 
> Scribe: Rob Shearer
> 
> Next meeting: Tuesday 2004-07-27 14:30 UTC, Dave Beckett to scribe
> 
> As noted in agenda, the following actions will be continued:
> 
> ACTION EricP: find out the schedule of the 2005 W3C tech plenary and
>  inform the WG so that we can plan ftf meetings after September.
> 
> ACTION SimonR: write a document discussing tradeoffs with adapting
> XQuery as an RDF query language for discussion thru the September
> meeting in Bristol.
> 
> ACTION Jos: explain log:includes to inform the discussion of SOURCE (nee
> provenance)
> 
> ACTION DanC: explain evolution of log:semantics/log:includes from
> uri-is-graph to uri-is-doc in cwm, to inform discussion of SOURCE
> 
> ACTION DaveB: explain the main uses seen for redland contexts with
> respect to the provenance
> 
> ACTION AndyS: explain DESCRIBE design implicit in BRQL spec.
> 
> 2. Review Carlsbad meeting record
> 
> The group resolved to adopt  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf2
> version 1.33 as a true record of the face-to-face meeting, with an
> expectation of a few more minor edits by Dan Connolly, including the
> addition of links to explanation of Network Inference's objections.
> 
> Dan Connolly has attempted to get in touch with the Semantic Web CG in
> support of his action item, but he does not feel the action has been
> completed.
> 
> ACTION DanC: notify Semantic Web CG of risks around the "1.5
> Relationship with XQuery" scope of our charter.
> 
> 3. Web Services Directory use cases
> 
> Rob Shearer clarified his action item from the face-to-face regarding
> the ebXML use case, which he has not completed.
> 
> ACTION: RobS write email to Farrukh about traversing a taxonomy,
> continues.
> 
> 4. Toward updated Use Cases and Requirements publication
> 
> Kendall noted that there are still 6-8 outstanding changes which must
> still be made to the document, and estimated that the work would be
> complete by the end of business 2004-07-21, at which time other group
> members could review it in time for the telecon on 2004-07-27.
> 
> ACTION: RobS to review the document when complete
> 
> Updates to the document should include all output from the face-to-face
> meeting.
> 
> Andy Seaborne noted a minor issue with CVS tags not being correctly
> updated when the document changes. Kendall explained that this is a
> toolset problem and that he will attempt to address it.
> 
> It was also noted that the changelog could include links to the meeting
> minutes or emails requesting each change; Kendall agreed that this would
> be a good addition.
> 
> It was pointed out that several people have actions which could impact
> the UC&R document, including Simon's action to write about CONSTRUCT and
> Eric's action to send a use case motivating premises. It was agreed that
> the document could go ahead without these additions.
> 
> ACTION ericP: send federation use case motivating premises (in Algae)
> 
> The timing of the next publication was questioned, with Andy Seaborne
> suggested that pushing it back by two weeks would be worthwhile if it
> will substantially improve the document. Kendall claimed that the new
> ebXML use case would be ready shortly, as well as some use case for
> disjunction. It was agreed that we would be flexibly on publication
> dates, but that 1 August still seems reasonable.
> 
> Tom Adams agreed to take one of Simon's action items, seeing as Simon
> has a lot to do.
> 
> ACTION: Tom Adams: reply to Chris Wilper's comments on the
> public-rdf-dawg-comments list
> 
> There was a brief discussion of the "provenance" objective, rewritten by
> Andy Seaborne to more directly address "aggregation", with Rob Shearer
> thinking it sucks and Tom Adams and Yoshio thinking it's cool. The
> rewritten objective will be included in the next publication and the
> group will await public reaction.
> 
> Yoshio's concerns about the new disjunction requirement
> (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0129.htm
> l) were discussed, but it was agreed that email would be a more
> productive form of engagement.
> 
> ACTION DanC: follow up to
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0129.html
> 
> ACTION DanC: follow up to
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0129.html
> 
> 5. Test case maintenance
> 
> Jos's action continues:
> 
> ACTION Jos: discuss test suite documentation and maintenance with
> SteveH, EricP, AndyS, ...
> 
> Steve, Eric, and Dan agreed to coordinate to get Steve Harris CVS write
> access in order for him to maintain the tests. Eric pointed out that
> several tests are kept in the N3QL document, and that it would be good
> to integrate them with Steve Harris's tests.
> 
> The discussion turned to organization of DAWG online resources,
> specifically the BRQL strawman spec. The meeting was adjourned and
> informal discussion continued, reflected in the IRC log.
Received on Wednesday, 21 July 2004 04:53:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:20 GMT