Re: references and acknowledgements …. (trumpet blowing)

Jeremy,

[not an official response]

Brian, Graham and yourself were mentioned as previous editors in the front matter of the previous WD:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-rdf11-concepts-20130115/

I was happy with that state of affairs. I don't know why this was changed in the latest WD. Dave should know.

The lineage of ideas doesn't go directly from the Named Graphs paper to RDF 1.1. It goes through SPARQL. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, none of the SPARQL specs acknowledge the Named Graphs paper. Personally, I think that an informative note in Concepts that explains the relationship of RDF 1.1 datasets and SPARQL datasets would add value (given that, perhaps surprisingly to some readers, neither normatively references the other). An offhanded mention of the Named Graphs paper could perhaps be sneaked into such a note.

Best,
Richard