references and acknowledgements . (trumpet blowing)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc1729@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 13:16:34 -0700
To: "public-rdf-comments@w3.org Comments" <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>

This is a comment on the current last call documents (concepts and semantics)

I note that there is no mention of Brian McBride's role in the previous round of specifications

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20020617-f2f/
"The WG decided that bwm will be "series editor" for the WG documents."

- obviously Brian is no longer fulfilling this role, but it is conventional to maintain some reference to former editors in the acknowledgements or somewhere.

I also note that Graham and I are not called out as former editors in the Concepts acknowledgements, in particular, the sentence: "The RDF 2004 editors acknowledge " fails to mention who those editors were!

I am also slightly disappointed that there is no informative reference to Named Graphs, Provenance and Trust by Carroll, Bizer, Hayes & Stickler; with this I realize that the bar is much higher than with acknowledgements to former editors so my disappointment is lower!

Overall though I believe the documents may benefit from a review of the acknowledgements section by some member of the WG.

Jeremy