Re: [Serial] I18N WG last call comments

From: Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:15:17 -0400
To: w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org, duerst@w3.org
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Hello,

     In [1], Martin Duerst submitted the following comment on the Last
Call Working Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization on behalf of
the I18N Working Group.

>[23] Section 4: "The base URIs of nodes in the two trees may be
different."
>  Does this mean that base URIs are not serialized? This should be
>  checked or at least explained.

     Thanks to Martin and the I18N Working Group for this comment.  In [2]
Michael Kay responded as follows:

>Yes, the base URI typically is supplied at the time a tree is built by a
>parser, it is not normally explicit in the content of the tree.

     The XSL and XQuery Working Groups discussed this comment, and
concurred with Michael Kay's response.  The working groups did not feel
any clarification of the specification was required.

     May I ask the I18N Working Group to confirm that this response is
acceptable?

Thanks,

Henry
[1]