Re: [Serialization] SCHEMA-I

From: Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:19:24 -0400
To: holstege@mathling.com
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Mary,

     In [1], you submitted the following comment on the Last Call Working
Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization on behalf of the XML Schema
Working Group.

> [I] [Section 4.3: XML Output Method: the indent Parameter] licenses the
> addition of additional whitespace; this is not called out as permitted
under
> the rules in section 4, however.

     Thanks to you and the XML Schema Working Group for this comment.

     The XSL and XQuery Working Groups discussed the comment, and agreed.
The following item will be added to the bulleted list in section 4 to
address this comment:

<<
o Additional text nodes consisting of whitespace characters may be present
in the new tree and some text nodes in the new tree may contain additional
whitespace characters that were not present in the original tree if the
indent parameter has the value yes, as described in 4.3 XML Output Method:
the indent Parameter.

     May I ask you to confirm that this response is acceptable to the XML
Schema Working Group?

Thanks,

Henry
[1]