Re: [Serial] I18N WG last call comments

From: Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:44:54 -0400
To: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>, w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Hello,

     In [1], Martin Duerst submitted the following comment on the Last
Call Working Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization on behalf of
the I18N Working Group.

> [24] Cases of creation of non-wellformed XML where the processor is not
>    required to signal an error: It would be good to have an option to
>    request well-formedness checking even if Character Maps are used.

     Thanks to Martin and the I18N Working Group for this comment.

     The XSL and XQuery Working Groups discussed the comment, and
concluded that, although such a mechanism might be useful, an XML parser
would be capable of performing the same well-formedness checking.  On
those grounds, the working groups decided it was not necessary to
duplicate that functionality in Serialization.

     May I ask the working group to confirm that this response is
acceptable?

Thanks,

Henry [On behalf of the XSL and XQuery Working Groups.]
[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2004Feb/0362.html
Henry Zongaro      Xalan development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com