Re: DVCS status?

From: Jean-Guilhem Rouel <jean-gui@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:09:41 +0200
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
CC: tgambet@w3.org, public-qa-dev@w3.org, Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org>
Le 10/06/2010 11:58, Dominique Hazael-Massieux a écrit :
> Le mercredi 09 juin 2010 à 23:24 +0300, Ville Skyttä a écrit :
>>    I'd be interested in moving validator and link checker
>> development to Mercurial (or Git, if available)...
>
> I'm copying Jean-Gui and Thomas on this, hoping they might have feedback
> on the feasibility / possible timeline of doing this — I know we've also
> started experimenting with setting up Trac to be coupled with some of
> these Mercurial repositories, and this may also be relevant to that
> discussion.

Converting from CVS to Mercurial worked well for Unicorn and is quite
easy to do. Alexandre would have to create the Mercurial repository
first, but I think he needs a group of allowed "pushers". I am going to
request a new repository linked to a new group.

About Trac, we are not yet ready to deploy it, but once it is, I'll
contact you, Ville.

Jean-Gui