Re: DVCS status?

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:58:27 +0200
To: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>, jean-gui@w3.org, tgambet@w3.org
Cc: public-qa-dev@w3.org
Le mercredi 09 juin 2010 à 23:24 +0300, Ville Skyttä a écrit :
> I see there are some Mercurial repositories at dvcs.w3.org and apparently
> Unicorn has moved there.  Was Mercurial chosen as the (only) W3C supported
> DVCS, or is evaluation still ongoing?

Mercurial was indeed chosen as the supported DVCS for the foreseeable
future.

>  Is there information how to use it
> available somewhere?

Not much has been made available publicly yet, unfortunately, but
essentially, each repository gets created with a set of W3C accounts
that can push to it.

>   I'd be interested in moving validator and link checker
> development to Mercurial (or Git, if available)...

I'm copying Jean-Gui and Thomas on this, hoping they might have feedback
on the feasibility / possible timeline of doing this — I know we've also
started experimenting with setting up Trac to be coupled with some of
these Mercurial repositories, and this may also be relevant to that
discussion.

Dom