Re: Roadmap to CSS validator release - your participation welcome

On Dec 6, 2006, at 14:49 , Karl Dubost wrote:

> I have modified CssStyleRule.java line 87 to 100.
> Not committed yet. Tell me if I should.

[snip] looks good. go ahead. We have a test instance on qa-dev,
here's the process.

* ssh root@qa-dev
* cd /usr/local/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW/css-validator/
* cvs update
* if code has been modified, also do:
   javac -O `find . -name \*.java`
* if necessary, restart jigsaw by doing screen -r , ctrl-c, up and
return (as root)

> Though I have an issue I wanted to get rid of ul at the level of
> vAtRule. The problem is that this piece of code is in the HTML
> template and not in the java code. :) There's an in-between thing
> going on here :)

The fact that the markup is in the template is not such a bad thing.
Ideally of course we would have a three-tiered solution as you
suggest (code without markup, markup, and localized messages)
enforced more strictly.

There may be a reason why the opening <ul ... is in the templates and
the closing one in the java code, but I doubt it. Markup should be
moved to the templates if possible.

> <ul class='vAtRule'>
>

> xhtml.properties.en:<ul class='vAtRule'> \n\
> xhtml.properties.es:<ul class='vAtRule'> \n\
> xhtml.properties.fr:<ul class='vAtRule'> \
> xhtml.properties.it:<ul class='vAtRule'> \n\
> xhtml.properties.pl-PL:<ul class='vAtRule'> \n\
> btw, it seems there is a difference in xhtml.properties.fr

No big deal, it's just a carriage return.

> Do we have a testing instance of the CSS validator somewhere so
> when we modify we can test? Though I guess I could install it on my
> laptop. :)

Yes, see above. Ping me if you need help with it.

Thanks!