Re: Roadmap to CSS validator release - your participation welcome

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> The fact that the markup is in the template is not such a bad thing. Ideally
> of course we would have a three-tiered solution as you suggest (code without
> markup, markup, and localized messages) enforced more strictly.
>
> There may be a reason why the opening <ul ... is in the templates and the
> closing one in the java code, but I doubt it. Markup should be moved to the
> templates if possible.

One thing to ensure is the well-formedness of the output, mixing the
opening of a tag in the template and the closing of it in the java code is
the best way to generate bad markup. It can be fixed by adding new things
in the template (the <!-- #foo --> in the template files) to have a better
security wrt to this issue.
My 2 cts. :)

--
Yves Lafon - W3C