Re: WSDL for W3C Validators

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:33:59 +0900
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>

On 9 Nov 2005, at 04:51, Karl Dubost wrote:
>> * human readable documentation of the "API", should at least give
>> basic instructions on how to create a query (i.e list parameters
>> and values) and what to expect as a response (i.e document the
>> format, without necessarily document the whole schema at length,
>> the machine-readable version(s) will do that)
>
> ok :)  This seems doable. I'm always happy to write doc and draw
> things if I have a source, that I can at least understand a bit.

Cool. Here's a start:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/validator/htdocs/docs/api.html
visible at:
http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/docs/api

What it needs:
- rewordings, clarifications, a fresh eye to assess whether the
document is understandable or not. Karl, if you want to be 1) guinea
pig and 2) reviewer, you're very welcome
- some CSS magic to make the tables usable. The default table style
is fine for other parts of the validator site, but we should give
these reference tables a class and make them prettier.
- drawings, maybe...  Thanks for the offer, but I am not sure...
Maybe other parts of our documentations would benefit from that?