Markup Validator: group categories of errors

From: Antonio Cavedoni <antonio@cavedoni.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 14:58:53 +0100
Cc: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Hello everyone,

I was reading an article by Joe Clark called “Selling accessibility
to programmers” and I thought some of his suggestions about
automated markup checks can be applied to the markup validator as well.

  http://blog.fawny.org/2005/11/08/programmers/

In particular, in the results page of the WMVS, how about grouping
together the same kinds of errors? Something like “you have 10
instances of this error: missing alt="" attribute” (with a better
wording, of course).

That would be less hostile than a wall of similar-looking errors, I
think, and would make the page much more light and eye-scannable.

What does everyone think?
--
Antonio