Markup Validator: group categories of errors

From: Antonio Cavedoni <antonio@cavedoni.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 14:58:53 +0100
Cc: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Hello everyone,

I was reading an article by Joe Clark called “Selling accessibility
to programmers” and I thought some of his suggestions about
automated markup checks can be applied to the markup validator as well.

In particular, in the results page of the WMVS, how about grouping
together the same kinds of errors? Something like “you have 10
instances of this error: missing alt="" attribute” (with a better
wording, of course).

That would be less hostile than a wall of similar-looking errors, I
think, and would make the page much more light and eye-scannable.

What does everyone think?