Re: prov-links ready for review

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your review. Changes have been implemented and a new version
is  staged at
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/links/releases/NOTE-prov-links-20130430/Overview.html

Regards,
Luc

 > Hello Luc, Tim,
 >

 > Please find my review of PROV-Links below.
 >

 > In general, it is a good, clear document. I'm still not sold on the
appropr=
 > iateness of the solution, but I'll hold my tongue on that :-)
 >

 > Section 1
 > ---------
 >
 > 3rd paragraph:
 >

 > I got rather lost in the first two sentences. The first sentence
refers to =
 > a party that creates "some data and its provenance", and a consumer.
The se=
 > cond sentence ends by referring to "another producer". I assume this
is a t=
 > hird actor, but couldn't see how it fitted together. I think it just
needs =
 > disentangling or rephrasing.

OK, I have added (consumer) and (producer) in the first sentence.

 > Later in the same paragraph: "the description as created by the
producer in=
 >  situ, i.e. in its bundle". It hasn't been said before this point
that the =
 > producer has put its provenance into a bundle.

OK, I have added "For this to work, this specification assume that
provenance created by the producer is contained in a bundle, so that
others such as the consumer, can refer to it, by means of the bundle
identifier."

 > 4th paragraph:
 >

 > "as created by the producer in this specific bundle". I think "this"
should=
 >  be "a" (otherwise it is not clear which bundle you are referring
to). You =
 > might consider italicising "specific bundle" to retain the emphasis
that I =
 > think "this" was meant to convey.

OK, done.

 > 5th paragraph:
 >

 > While most of the section is clear, it doesn't seem explained at all
here w=
 > hy one entity is a specialization of the other. This aspect seems to
requir=
 > e quite an in-depth knowledge of PROV to appreciate, so a brief
intuition w=
 > ould be very helpful.

The previous paragraph already referred to "specialize it"
... allowing the consumer to add their own view to it. I feel that
this is sufficient for intuition, but an explicit reference to
specialziaiton has been added.

 > Section 2
 > ---------
 >

 > Typo a little above Example 1: "The entity e1 may described"
 >

 > Example 2 text: "rendered by a visualisation tool" ("visualisation"
needs t=
 > o be Americanized)

Done

 > Section 3
 > ---------
 >

 > The text accompanying property prov:mentionOf talks about its use in
conjun=
 > ction with the other property. Shouldn't there also be a
definition/descrip=
 > tion of the meaning of the property itself? What does prov:mentionOf
mean w=
 > hen asserted?

The specification does not define the meaning of prov:mentionOf by itself.