RE: prov-links ready for review

Hello Luc, Tim,

Please find my review of PROV-Links below.

In general, it is a good, clear document. I'm still not sold on the appropriateness of the solution, but I'll hold my tongue on that :-)

Section 1
======
3rd paragraph:

I got rather lost in the first two sentences. The first sentence refers to a party that creates "some data and its provenance", and a consumer. The second sentence ends by referring to "another producer". I assume this is a third actor, but couldn't see how it fitted together. I think it just needs disentangling or rephrasing.

Later in the same paragraph: "the description as created by the producer in situ, i.e. in its bundle". It hasn't been said before this point that the producer has put its provenance into a bundle.

4th paragraph:

"as created by the producer in this specific bundle". I think "this" should be "a" (otherwise it is not clear which bundle you are referring to). You might consider italicising "specific bundle" to retain the emphasis that I think "this" was meant to convey.

5th paragraph:

While most of the section is clear, it doesn't seem explained at all here why one entity is a specialization of the other. This aspect seems to require quite an in-depth knowledge of PROV to appreciate, so a brief intuition would be very helpful.

Section 2
======
Typo a little above Example 1: "The entity e1 may described"

Example 2 text: "rendered by a visualisation tool" ("visualisation" needs to be Americanized)

Section 3
======
The text accompanying property prov:mentionOf talks about its use in conjunction with the other property. Shouldn't there also be a definition/description of the meaning of the property itself? What does prov:mentionOf mean when asserted?

thanks,
Simon

Dr Simon Miles
Senior Lecturer, Department of Informatics
Kings College London, WC2R 2LS, UK
+44 (0)20 7848 1166

Evolutionary Testing of Autonomous Software Agents:
http://eprints.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/1370/