Votes (deadline Thursday noon, GMT): ISSUE-225, objects in the Universe of discourse

From: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:56:14 +0000
To: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
All,

Paul and I have a strong desire to resolve the issue related to
identifiers before F2F2.

For information, we agreed on the following last week:
/    *All* objects of discourse ("entities") MUST be identifiable by all
participants in discourse. Object descriptions ("entity records" and
otherwise)     SHOULD use an unambiguous identifier (either reusing an
existing identifier, or introducing a new identifier) for the objects
described." (intent) /

So, the next challenge (ISSUE-225) is to agree on the objects that
belong to universe of discourse.
To facilitate the call on Thursday, we are putting forward a series of
proposals. Can
you express your support or not in the usual manner.   On Thursday we
will  discuss
proposals for which we didn't reach consensus.

Regards,
Luc

Proposal 1: Entities and Activities belong to the universe of discourse.

Proposal 2: Events (Entity Usage event, Entity Generation Event,
Activity Start Event, Activity End event) belong to the universe of
discourse

Proposal 3: Derivation, Association, Responsibility chains,
Traceability, Activity Ordering, Revision, Attribution, Quotation,
Summary, Original SOurce, CollectionAfterInsertion/Collection After
removal belong to the universe of discourse.

Proposal 4: AlternateOf and SpecializationOf belong to the universe of
discourse

Proposal 5: Records do not belong to the Universe of discourse
             This includes Account Record.

Proposal 6: Things do no belong to the universe of discourse
   Note

Proposal 7: Note/hasAnnotation do not belong to the universe of discourse

Proposal 8: Event ordering constraints do not belong to the universe of
discourse.

Proposal 9: Attributes do not belong to the universe of discourse.