Re: Primer actions

From: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:35:49 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Hi Simon,

I would go for
-

actedOnBehalfOf
  - adoptedPlan
  - alternateOf and specializationOf

On 02/16/2012 11:51 AM, Simon Miles wrote:
> Hello PROV-O and PROV-DM authors,
>
> I'd like your opinion on where the significant gaps lie between the
> primer and the other documents for the coming release.
>
> > From my reading of the ontology, I see the following need updating:
>
>   - wasControlledBy in the primer needs to be replaced by
> wasAssociatedWith, wasStartedBy and wasEndedBy

wasStartedBy/wasEndedBy are at risk in their current form
>   - old wasDerivedFrom and wasEventuallyDerivedFrom need to be replaced
> with new wasDerivedFrom and tracedTo

i wouldn't include tracedTo in primer

> and the following are not present in the primer at all:
>
>   - actedOnBehalfOf
>   - adoptedPlan

yes, there is still an issue about optionality of agent vs plan is
wasAssociatedWith but should be ok.
>   - alternateOf and specializationOf

ok, though we don't have agreement on symmetry/transitivity i believe
>   - endedAt, startedAt, wasGeneratedAt

caution with time, given Ivan's comment
>   - hadLocation
>   - hadOriginalSource, wasQuotedFrom, wasSummaryOf

definitions still in flux
>   - hasAnnotation

not clear it's primer material
>   - wasInformedBy

yes, could be included, but may not be critical enough
> Which of these are uncontroversial and critical enough that they
> should be included in the next primer draft?
>
> thanks,
> Simon

Luc