Re: PROV-ISSUE-239 (TLebo): is wasGeneratedBy(e) meaningful? [prov-dm]

From: Paolo Missier <Paolo.Missier@ncl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 23:14:48 +0000
To: Daniel Garijo <dgarijo@delicias.dia.fi.upm.es>
CC: Provenance Working Group <public-prov-wg@w3.org>, Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>
Daniel,
   it seems to me that a "wasGeneratedBy" relation is in fact understood as a relation between Entities and Activities, possibly
annotated with timestamp and other attributes, so it necessarily includes the activity.
(interestingly, the SEM draft says nothing about optional arguments)

the problem highlighted in ISSUE-242 should also serve as a further argument.

-Paolo

--
Paolo Missier - Paolo.Missier@newcastle.ac.uk, pmissier@acm.org