prov-dm qualifier: a proposal to vote on (deadline Wednesday midnight GMT)

From: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 22:48:28 +0000
To: Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>

Dear all,

Again, in the interest of simplification, we would like to make the
following proposal.
Can you express your support for the proposal, or if you have issue with
it, explain what
the concern is.

Thanks,
Luc

Context:
Attribute-value pairs are introduced to provide characterizations of
entities and activities.
Name-value pairs are used to for qualifiers for use/generation/etc

Proposal: Use a single notion of attribute-value pairs to characterize
entities, activities, use
  and generation. As a result, drop the notion of qualifier and its
associated production.

Cheers,
Luc

PS. A consequence of this, is that we will use a uniform syntax for
attributes in entities and
   uses/generation, and hence, hopefully address Graham's ISSUE-140
http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/140