Re: PROV-O telcon

From: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 22:54:02 +0000
To: Timothy Lebo <lebot@rpi.edu>
CC: Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu>, Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>, Khalid Belhajjame <Khalid.Belhajjame@cs.man.ac.uk>, Daniel Garijo <dgarijov@gmail.com>, James Cheney <jcheney@inf.ed.ac.uk>, "Deborah L. McGuinness" <dlm@cs.rpi.edu>, Paolo Missier <Paolo.Missier@ncl.ac.uk>, Provenance Working Group WG <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
Hi Tim,

One more question on the proposal. How do you propose to handle
derivation such as:

wasDerivedFrom(e4,e2,pe2,qualifier(ex:port=smtp,
ex:section="attachment"),qualifier(ex:fct="attach"))?

The reason why we introduced the use qualifier and the generation
qualifier is that we had
no identifiers for them.  If we have identifiers for these qualified
involvements, we would
have this kind of derivation record:

wasDerivedFrom(e4,e2,pe2,genId,useId)

Luc