Re: PROV-ISSUE-48 (Provenance Concept: Revision): Revision should be a class and not a property [Conceptual Model]

From: Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:04:42 -0400
To: Paolo Missier <Paolo.Missier@ncl.ac.uk>
Cc: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Hi Paolo,
The issue I was raising is the distinction between
isDerivedFrom (b2, b1) and isRevisionOf(b2, b1).

since versioning is also derivation (and I would say derivation may also be
versioning, e.g. file f2 is derived from file f1 with some additional
information, so f2 is new version of f1).

Also, I would like to modify my original proposal - revision should be an
attribute of BOB to capture the version information of BOB (but, both the
original version and the new version are still BOB).

Thanks.

Best,
Satya