Re: PROV-ISSUE-49 (Participation): Suggested definition for Participation [Conceptual Model]

From: Paolo Missier <Paolo.Missier@ncl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 08:54:29 +0100
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org
my two cents on the last bit:

On 7/27/11 8:23 AM, Luc Moreau wrote:
> 5. Jim Myers also suggested something along the lines of:
>
>        if participates(pe,x)  and ivpOf(x,y)  then participates(pe,y)
I see ivpOf as a relation that bridges across two asserters' perspectives -- ok, not only, but when you do need such a bridge,
that's the one. I had suggested "complement-of" as a replacement term, to denote each of   two partial views may potentially gain
when this relation is asserted. Terminology aside, what I see here is that the rule above extends this principle, by transferring an
assertion that belongs to X's observer, on participation, to Y's observer. Basically once you draw a bridge, a whole set of
assertions may carry across by means of rules like this.
I just found this interesting as a way to carry knowledge across relative points of view (albeit for a limited time span)

-Paolo