RE: PROV-ISSUE-49 (Participation): Suggested definition for Participation [Conceptual Model]

From: Myers, Jim <MYERSJ4@rpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:22:26 -0400
To: <public-prov-wg@w3.org>
> 5. Jim Myers also suggested something along the lines of:
>
>       if participates(pe,x)  and ivpOf(x,y)  then participates(pe,y)
>
>     Is it also in line with what you think participation is.

I was trying to reserve participation for the case when a thing
interacted with/was changed by a process execution, which would cover
both agency and situations such as 'document participates in edit
activity'. That still has edit used version1 and version2 generated by
edit, and if version 1 and 2 are IVPs of document, then document
participates in edit.
So if used(y, pe)  and ivpOf(x,y)  then participates(pe,y)... (apologies
if I've flipped arguments the wrong way - y is the document, not the
version)

Thus control would be a form of participation, but used and generated
would not be.

  Jim