RE: No facets mentioned in the RDF mapping document

Michael Smith wrote:

>On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 16:32 +0100, Michael Schneider wrote:
>
>> Some remark/question wrt agenda point:
>>
>>  o PROPOSED: close (as RESOLVED) Issue 74
>>    (Use the xsd namespace for the facet names)
>>    as per
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Jan/0050.html
>>
>> I do not find the facets explicitly mentioned in the RDF
>mapping draft. For
>> instance, there is no
>>
>>   'xsd:minExclusive'
>>
>> mentioned anywhere in the mapping document.
>
>Looking at the mapping for DatatypeRestriction, you should see
>owl11:facet_i  The proposal would cause this to be replaced by
>xsd:facet_i  Similar for the reverse mapping.
>Are you proposing that the rdf mapping document itemize the facets (as
>in the syntax document) and include a mapping for each?

With the notation 'xsd:facet_i', it would then, in principle, suffice to
link to the place in the syntax document, where the facets are enumerated.
Though, this will then only be correct, because the facet names in the
syntax document happen to be the same as the respective local names in the
RDF. Also, I would, as an RDF coder, feel that it is cumbersome to always
lookup the facets in the syntax document. I think the RDF document should be
as self contained as possible.

So +1 to itemizeing the facet names in the RDF mapping.

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: Michael.Schneider@fzi.de

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe