Re: News industry requirement: action "license"

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:09:08 +1000
To: ODRL Community Group <public-odrl@w3.org>

On 13 Nov 2012, at 23:53, Michael Steidl (IPTC) <mdirector@iptc.org> wrote:

> to clarify: I proposed to *add* a term „license“ and to keep “sell untouched.

Correct, that was my suggestion as I was trying to clarify the difference between "sell" and "license"  if we added the latter.

When looking at "lend" and "lease" i noticed we had "the asset is only available by the third-party" in the comments implying the physical world definition. Should we remove these constraints for digital purposes?

Then, for consistency with the above defns, we can update the "sell" definition to "The act of making available the asset to a third-party with exchange of value" instead of "The act of trading the asset in exchange of value" ?

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com