Re: News industry requirement: action "license"

Hello all,

To recapitulate:

1. We are discussing the value of a new term "LICENSE".

Suggested LICENSE definition is "a copy of the asset and a limited set of rights (to be expressed in nextRights).

Comment: I'm having trouble with the word "copy" in the definition above. What is the definition of "copy"? Has that been previously defined? How will we express a video licensed for streaming? Streaming is not a copy. Your thoughts?

2. "SELL"

Suggested SELL definition is a "transfer of all rights".

Comment: When a Publisher SELL(s) a book, they are not transferring all rights. They are transferring a limited set of rights to the underlying IP contained in the Work constituted by the publication. What is the intention of the term "SELL"? Can you give me an example of a digital good that will be sold or is this meant for physical items?
I suggest we eliminate SELL.

Cindy