W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > February 2013

[Agenda] MLW-LT call 4 February, 3 p.m. UTC

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 09:52:02 +0100
Message-ID: <510B8232.7020804@w3.org>
To: "public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org" <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
MEETING TIME:

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Main_Page#Upcoming

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130204T15

DIAL IN DETAILS:

http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Dial_in_info_for_regular_call

0) Timeline

If we want to finish the last call before Rome, we need to distribute 
work. See the related topic 3) "distribution of action items" below.

1) Test suite update, again

Checking http://tinyurl.com/its20-testsuite-dashboard again. At the moment,

this has 52% run. We said during last call that M3 (all tests run) is 
fine by Monday and that we exclude disambiguation. Again, please let us 
know asap if there are issues with Monday. We don't want to face more delay.



2) Links: real life usage and download

Implementers, please bring what you already have to the meeting - during 
this slot we'll ask you to paste it into IRC for others to have a look. 
If you don't have it yet please let us know a time line or a "to be made 
life" link.


3) Action item health check


See

https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/open?sort=due

Goal: try to re-distribute action items. All, please have a look at 
above list and see what you can take on. Critical actions for moving 
issues forward:


- regex definition issue-67 acton for Shaun 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/385


- text for unicode normalization and best practices action for Shaun 
issue-73 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/430


- domain comments issue-75 action for Christian 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/434


- terminology and disambiguation issue-68 action for Tadej 
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/435


4) Minutes and Felix' comments

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jan/0210.html

any questions about the comments? Goal: make sure that WG comments 
are"on the table". This is a left over from last meeting, but there are 
still open comments. Pasting them here:

[

 >FS: Christian, would such a BP note also help with your concerns about 
the NIF conversion? See your comment 3a at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Jan/0101.html

in that you mail "have to consider". But you don't say "require", "make 
a testable assertation", "provide tests" etc. Can you clarify whether a 
note would be sufficent?

Also as a reply to issue-85, 3b: if your answer to my question is 
"require", "make a testable assertation": why? We of course won't to be 
good citiczens with regards to normalization, but why require more than 
XQuery, XPath, HTML5, SPARQL ...?

]

5) How to move forward with disambiguation vs term issue-67?

A place-holder since very likely we again won't have the three key 
people for this (Christian, Marcis, Tadej) on the same call. See the 
latest state on this at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jan/0253.html


6) issue-110 precedence between xml:lang and lang
 From this issue a discussion on support of XHTML came up, see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Jan/0266.html
Goal: clarifiy the support question and xml:lang support / need for 
precedence statement.
An implication of not having precedence might be that we remove this 
XHTML test file again
https://github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/blob/master/its2.0/inputdata/languageinformation/html/languageinfo4html.html
https://github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/blob/master/its2.0/testsuiteMaster.xml


7) issue-115 SHOULD and SHOULD NOT examples
See changes needed for sec. 6.2 and sec. 7
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Jan/0214.html
Related: use of ITS in SVG / MathML / other vocabularies, see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Jan/0213.html
Need for implementers change? See Mauricio's mail at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/2013Jan/0209.html



8) Other issues
Many issues are waiting for edits, mails to commentors or replies from 
commentors. Do you see issues that are not on this agenda and that need 
discussion?

Also, I may have missed points for the issue-110 and issue-115, please 
check.



9) AOB

Best,

Felix
Received on Friday, 1 February 2013 08:52:27 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Sunday, 9 June 2013 00:25:07 UTC